In the three months following Peregrine Semi’s announcement of the latest version of its UltraCMOS® process technology, STeP8 for RF Front End ICs, the company has followed with a steady stream of news. (The UltraCMOS technology is an advanced RF SOI process leveraging bonded silicon-on-sapphire (BSOS) substrates from Soitec.) Recent announcements include:
- a collaborative sourcing and UltraCMOS® license agreement with Murata;
- four new DuNE™ Digitally Tunable Capacitors (DTCs), creating the industry’s broadest integrated RF tuning IC portfolio;
- an agreement with Taoglas to bring a dynamically tunable LTE antenna solution to the machine-to-machine (M2M) market;
- a new SPDT RF switch for harsh environment and space applications;
- the industry’s highest-isolation SPDT RF switch for the wireless infrastructure market;
- an AEC-Q100 Certified SPDT RF switch for harsh environment automotive designs;
- UltraCMOS® RFICs are in Globalstar Communication Satellites.
Chipworks’ teardown guru Dick James (@ChipworksDick) recently Tweeted that Peregrine has two switches in Samsung’s Galaxy S4.