The VLSI Symposia run from June 10-14; the SOI Consortium’s workshop on fully-depleted SOI technologies follows on Saturday, June 15, at the Kyoto Research Park. The Consortium event will run from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., just after the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Symposium on low-voltage devices and circuits (which is being held during the same week as the VLSI Symposia).
Registration for the FD-SOI Workshop is free and open to everyone — click here to access the registration website.
These are always lively, well-attended events. Here’s what the Consortium has lined up for the Kyoto workshop.
The 28nm FD-SOI technology offer:
- 28nm FD-SOI Industrial Solution: Overview of Silicon-Proven Key Benefits – Laurent Le Pailleur, Technology Line Management Director, STMicroelectronics
- SoC Differentiation using FD-SOI – A Manufacturing Partner’s Perspective – Shigeru Shimauchi, Japan General Manager, GlobalFoundries
- Ultra Thin Body and Buried Oxide Substrate Supply Chain – Nobuhiko Noto, Deputy General Manager – Advanced Wafers Dept. – Technology & Development, SEH
- Architectural Choices and Design Implementation Methodologies for Exploiting Extended FD-SOI DVFS and Body Bias Capabilities (short course) – David Jacquet, Sr. Principal Engineer, Design & Architecture for Energy Efficiency CPU & GPU Subsystem, STMicroelectronics
- SoC Design for FD-SOI – Dr. Wayne Dai, CEO, VeriSilicon
Advances in Technology Development:
- Advances and Silicon Results on 14nm planar FD-SOI Technology – Carlo Reita, CMOS Components Program Manager, CEA-Leti
- Elements for the Next Generation FinFET CMOS Technology – Terence Hook, Sr. Technical Staff Member, IBM Semiconductor R&D Center (he also wrote an extremely popular ASN article on FinFETs on SOI recently – click here if you missed it)
The organizers for this event are:
- Horacio Mendez Executive Director, SOI Industry Consortium
- Philippe Magarshack Executive VP, Design Enablement and Services, Digital Sector, STMicroelectronics
- Joel Hartmann Executive VP, FE Manufacturing and Process R&D, Digital Sector, STMicroelectronics
- Mike Noonen Executive VP, Global Sales, Marketing, Design & Quality, GlobalFoundries
BTW, the presentations from the last SOI Consortium Workshop (April ’13 in Taiwan) are now available on the Consortium website. They’re all really excellent – for example: SoC Differentiation using FDSOI – A Manufacturing Partner’s Perspective, by Subramani Kengeri of GlobalFoundries is packed with side-by-side bulk vs. FD-SOI data.
Next up at ASN, we’ll flag the big SOI-based papers to watch for at VLSI (and there are some knock-your-socks-off results!).