Design wins in smartphones from LG and Pantech are among the many announcements from Peregrine Semi over the last three months. These are thanks to the latest version of its UltraCMOS® process technology, STeP8 for RF Front End ICs. (The UltraCMOS technology is an advanced RF SOI process leveraging bonded silicon-on-sapphire (BSOS) substrates from Soitec.) Here’s a rundown of the recent announcements:
- Peregrine Semi and LG Electronics Team Up for Antenna Tuning in Optimus G Pro Smartphone
- PE613010 – Antenna Tuning Switch Optimized for High Performance, Ultra-Thin LTE-Advanced Smartphones, enabling longer battery life, higher data throughput and longer range. It’s driving performance of new Vega LTE-advanced smartphone from Pantech.
- PE42720 RF Switch — Optimizes Performance of Broadband Cable Systems, features exceptional linearity and isolation performance.
- Antenna Switches Enable High Performance in 4G LTE-Advanced Mobile Wireless Applications – STeP8 MultiSwitch™ devices address complex carrier aggregation and data rate challenges.
- PE42850/51 – RF Switches Enable High-Power LTE Public Safety and Military Radios.
- PE43704 DSA – High-Frequency, High-Power 7-bit Digital Step Attenuator – supports operation at 8 GHz with power handling of +28 dBm.
- Expands High-Frequency Product Line With Next-Generation Phase-Locked Loop – device features low phase noise Figure of Merit and supports operation at 5 GHz.
- PE42520/21 RF Switches – Sets New Standards of Performance for High-Frequency CMOS RF Switches, support operation at 13 GHz with high power handling of +36 dBm.